Load up on this delicious protein-packed tartine for an easy go-to breakfast or lunch.
The first time I tried avocado toast, I completely understood the Instagram-obsession and why Australia had an avocado shortage. It’s nutrient-rich, delicious and with very little prep work, what’s not to love? The secret to this recipe is the creamy guacamole with avocado, cream cheese, chives & a drizzle of lemon juice. Smooth the guacamole over toasted rustic bread, add crispy bacon and a perfectly cooked egg for a delicious & filling breakfast or lunch.
2 SERVINGS 15 MINS EASY
1/2 medium avocado
40 g cream cheese
10 ml lemon juice
few leaves chives
2 slices rustic Italian bread
4 slices bacon
2 large eggs
few leaves roquette
10 g unsalted butter
10 ml olive oil
1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit and the skin.
- In a bowl, add the avocado, and cream cheese. Crush with a fork, then mix well until you have a smooth consistency.
- Finely chop the chives and add to the bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients and reserve in the refrigerator.
- Slice the bread with a bread knife.
- Toast the bread until it’s golden.
- In the meantime, place the slices of bacon on a tray and cook in the oven approx. 5 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Heat a pan with butter on medium heat and crack the egg over the pan and cook for an over easy egg or as desired.
- Generously spread the guacamole on the toast and add the roquette on top.
- When the eggs and bacon are cooked, place the slices of bacon on the toast and then add the egg on top. Bon appétit!
- You can make extra guacamole for a dip or toast with the remaining avocado.