Who doesn’t love baked parmesan fries with a sweet, smoky dip?
Fun and sophisticated, these crispy baked fries are topped with grated parmesan and garnished with a healthy dip. Instead of a traditional ketchup, the dip combines robust red peppers with smoked paprika for a quick & delicious sauce.
For a creative twist at your summer barbecue, add the roasted red pepper dip to your favorite grilled steak.
3 SERVINGS 20 MINS* EASY PALE ALE BEER
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
2 medium red pepper
10 ml lemon juice
10 ml olive oil
3 g smoked paprika
1 pinch salt (to taste)
1 pinch granulated sugar
3 large potatoes
30 ml olive oil
2 clove garlic
2 sprig thyme
30 g parmesan
1 large pinch of salt
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Roast the red peppers over an open flame, barbecue grill or oven at 200 C until it’s black.
- Then, remove the blackened skin and seeds from the red peppers. Cut the red peppers into small pieces.
- Heat a pan on medium heat with olive oil. Gently sweat the red pepper approx. 8 minutes on low heat with the lid on.
- When the red pepper is tender and cooked, blend with a hand mixer with lemon juice, smoked paprika, sugar and salt to taste to a smooth purée consistency. Then strain the purée.
- When the mixture is cooled down, reserve in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Wash and brush the potatoes to remove any remaining dirt.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into wedges.
- Then, place the potato wedges into a large bowl of water to wash the starch and prevent it from sticking together. Dry them with a clean paper towel and place into an even layer on a baking tray.
- Generously drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Then, mix the potatoes with your hands. Crush a clove of garlic with skin on with your palm of your hand and a sprig of thyme and add to the baking tray.
- Bake the potatoes at 200 C approx. 30-45 minutes until the potatoes are crispy and golden. Turn the potatoes every 10-15 minutes for crispy and evenly cooked potatoes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove from the heat and place them into a large mixing bowl. Generously grated some parmesan over the potatoes and mix together.
- Place the baked potatoes into a serving bowl and serve with the roasted red pepper dip. Bon appétit!
*additional 30-45 min cook time