One of my favorite no-cook meals, this exquisite smoked salmon salad, makes the perfect meal on the go or a quick and healthy lunch at home.
With slices of smoked salmon and layers of crisp cucumbers, topped off with dill yogurt dressing, you have a fresh and easy summer salad in under 10 minutes. The creamy yogurt dressing is inspired by a traditional Greek tzatziki but instead of mint, fresh dill is mixed with the creamy yogurt and a drizzle of lemon and tabasco for a nice kick. Pair the delicious smoked salmon salad with a glass of riesling for a fresh taste of summer.
2 SERVINGS 15 MINS EASY RIESLING OR CHENIN BLANC
150 g greek yogurt
20 ml lemon juice
2 stalk dill
1/2 clove garlic
1 drizzle tabasco
10 ml olive oil
salt to taste
Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Salad
2 whole baby gem lettuce
1 large cucumber
100 g smoked salmon sliced
- Finely chop the dill and add to a small bowl.
- Add the yogurt to the small bowl with all the ingredient for the dill-yogurt dressing.
- Then, reserve in the refrigerator.
- Next, wash the baby gem lettuce and the cucumber.
- Cut the cucumber in half and shave with a peeler or mandoline on the long side into long thin slices.
- Roughly chop the lettuce and place in a large salad bowl.
- Then, add the shaved cucumber to the salad bowl.
- Season the salad with the yogurt dressing and mix.
- Divide the salad mixture evenly among the salad bowls and add the smoked salmon on top. Bon appétit!